It’s a new year and after taking December off we’re back in action with some NEW projects!
What we’ll be doing
To start the new year we’ll be working on two pieces of privately owned lands at the mouth of Labrocita Canyon just above La Luz.
The original railed runs through these two properties (we have easements in place with the owners of the land, so we’re all legal for public access) and we’ll be taking on the task of transforming the original rail bed into a usable hiking trail where needed. A lot of the rail bed is in pretty decent shape, but a lot is not. We have some major work ahead of us in the months to come. We’ll be coordinating with the city and Forest Service and, as always, the Forest Service will be providing us with support.
Be sure and bring your own drinking water, sun protection, work gloves and study boots. As always there will be work for all skill level and ages.
When/Where: Saturday, January 24th, 2015. Meet at 9am and we’ll work until noon.
Drive to the center of La Luz (the three-way intersection of La Luz Road/Main Street and Alamo Street) and then do EITHER of the following:
– Drive south about 50 feet and turn east on to Section Road.
– Travel east on Section Road 1.1 miles to just before you cross La Luz Creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
– Drive north on Main Street (leave La Luz) about 1.9 miles and turn east onto Labrocita Canyon Road.
– Travel 1.4 miles up Labrocita Cayon Road to the cut off that crosses La Luz Creek (south side of the road).
– Cross the creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
If you need any additional information, please call 575-434-1949 (ask for Grady) or e-mail email@example.com