What we’ll be doing
We’re going to be continuing work started earlier this year at the mouth of La Luz Canyon just northeast of La Luz (same place we worked on the previous work day in November)
- We’ll be doing some work on the Clarke property and starting some work on the November property (we have trail easements in place with both of these property owners).
- We will be doing tread clearing and repair, building water bars, water containment dikes, clearing culverts and similar important erosion control activities.
When/Where: Saturday, January 16th, 2015. Meet at 9am and we’ll work until noon.
Again, we will have shirts and caps with the NEW NM Rails-to-Trails Association logo on sale when we gather up!
Drive to the center of La Luz (the three-way intersection of La Luz Road/Main Street and Alamo Street) and then do EITHER of the following:
– Drive south about 50 feet and turn east on to Section Road.
– Travel east on Section Road 1.1 miles to just before you cross La Luz Creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
– Drive north on Main Street (leave La Luz) about 1.9 miles and turn east onto Labrocita Canyon Road.
– Travel 1.4 miles up Labrocita Cayon Road to the cut off that crosses La Luz Creek (south side of the road).
– Cross the creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
Newsletter #99 is out!
If you haven’t had a chance to check out our latest newsletter please have a look at our online version here: NMRTA-Newsletter-Dec2015-DIGITAL Enjoy! We’ve had lots going on since last June!
If you need any additional information, please call 575-434-1949 (ask for Grady) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org