What we’ll be doing
We’ll be yet again continuing the work we’ve been doing over the last couple of months at the mouth of Labrocita Canyon just above La Luz.
To recap: the original rail bed runs through two private properties (we have easements in place with the owners of the land, so we’re all legal for public access) and we’ll be taking on the task of transforming the original rail bed into a usable hiking trail where needed. We’ll be working the same piece of property we worked the last two months and may start some preliminary work on a private piece of property further up trail (for which we also have a legal easement in place). This month we expect to have an excavator provided by the Forest Service so we can hit some erosion control work much harder.
We also may send a side crew to do some tread board replacement on the Salado Canyon Trestle.
When/Where: Saturday, March 21st, 2015. Meet at 9am and we’ll work until noon.
Drive to the center of La Luz (the three-way intersection of La Luz Road/Main Street and Alamo Street) and then do EITHER of the following:
– Drive south about 50 feet and turn east on to Section Road.
– Travel east on Section Road 1.1 miles to just before you cross La Luz Creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
– Drive north on Main Street (leave La Luz) about 1.9 miles and turn east onto Labrocita Canyon Road.
– Travel 1.4 miles up Labrocita Cayon Road to the cut off that crosses La Luz Creek (south side of the road).
– Cross the creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
If you need any additional information, please call 575-434-1949 (ask for Grady) or e-mail email@example.com