What we’ll be doing
We’re going to be continuing work started earlier this year at the mouth of Labrocita Canyon just northeast of La Luz.
- There’s been heavy grass growth almost everywhere we worked last spring. This growth is obstructing water flow and foot traffic in many places and needs to be cleared out.
- Some of our water-bars need to be reworked.
- There are a few places where water has washed out our containment dikes and is damaging the trail again. We’ll focus some effort on repairing these areas.
When/Where: Saturday, November 21st, 2015. Meet at 9am and we’ll work until noon.
Again, we will have shirts and caps with the NEW NM Rails-to-Trails Association logo on sale when we gather up!
Drive to the center of La Luz (the three-way intersection of La Luz Road/Main Street and Alamo Street) and then do EITHER of the following:
– Drive south about 50 feet and turn east on to Section Road.
– Travel east on Section Road 1.1 miles to just before you cross La Luz Creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
– Drive north on Main Street (leave La Luz) about 1.9 miles and turn east onto Labrocita Canyon Road.
– Travel 1.4 miles up Labrocita Cayon Road to the cut off that crosses La Luz Creek (south side of the road).
– Cross the creek… YOU ARE THERE! Park along the side of the road.
If you need any additional information, please call 575-434-1949 (ask for Grady) or e-mail email@example.com