What we’ll be doing
This month we’re enjoying Cloudcroft again to work around the historical trestle and cabin on the Brooks property. Specifically, we’ll be tackling some repair work around the cabin — much of which was occasioned by trespassers through the area.
- Repairing a rock retaining wall
- Placing slash where obvious trespassing onto the property originates
- Placing “No Trespassing” and “Private Property” signs at several locations along the property
- Repairing the supporting wall (railroad ties) to stop erosion that may soon topple a propane tank if not soon corrected
- Repairing the erosion damage that has started in several places along the trail north of the cabin
Tools will be supplied by the Forest Service and only the tool truck will be driving directly down the driveway to the work area (see directions for everyone else below).
Again, we will have shirts and caps with the NEW NM Rails-to-Trails Association logo on sale when we gather up!
We’ll be walking down to the worksite from the parking area, detailed below.
When/Where: Saturday, September 19th, 2015. We’ll meet at 9am and we’ll work until noon.
Head on up to Cloudcroft as you normally would. We’ll be parking and meeting at the Village Spur Trailhead parking area where Highway 130 intersects with Highway 82. It’s easy to spot there on your right just as you enter Cloudcroft if coming in from High Rolls or Alamogordo.
If you need any additional information, please call 575-434-1949 (ask for Grady) or e-mail email@example.com